POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray & KD-Trees : Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Apr 2004 15:30:02
Message: <c6p0eq$8s3$1@chho.imagico.de>
Daniel Neilson wrote:
> [...]
>
>  If anyone's interested in seeing the results of my experimentation, you can
> see them at: http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~dneilson/raytracing.html

I miss a scene making a lot of use of meshes.  Since they have their own
bounding hierarchies in standard POV it would be interesing how well
your version handles this.

>  Should anyone be interested in my kd-tree code, then drop me a line. I'll
> see what I can do about pulling the kd-tree stuff out of my codebase and
> reinserting it into stock POV-Ray.

Sure i'd be interested.

BTW on your page you write that POV-Ray does not support irradiance
caching and motion blur.  The former is available in official POV for a
long time and motion blur is available in MegaPOV 0.x (and will be in
version 1.1).

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______